26 February 2012

Android App Review: Pixlr-o-matic

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


DESCRIPTION (from Android Market)
Add retro effects to your photos in a snap!
Awarded 2011’s "Best App Ever" award for the Best Photo Editing App on Android by 148apps.com

You can add fun retro effects to your photos in a snap and transform your photos into cool looking vintage images. Editing is as easy as one, two, three with Pixlr-o-matic to add effects, overlays and borders. So many options to choose from, there are more than 2,000,000 possible finishes to make your photos look spectacular!

MY THOUGHTS
I've already been using Pixlr-o-matic even before I had an android. I'm a great fan of vintage and retro-themed stuff since who-knows-when, so I was really thrilled when I found out about Pixlr-o-matic. When I got an android phone last September 2011, I was even more thrilled to see that Pixlr-o-matic has an android version, too! Now I can edit my photos anytime, anywhere, instantly! Here are some screencaps I took:

PHOTO EFFECTS
There are a number of presets available, most of them are grungy, vintage, and retro. Aside from these, you can also download additional effects if you like. However, I think the presets initially available are already adequate ;)

for this one, I chose "Anne"

OVERLAYS
The second step is to add overlays such as bocea, fog effect, glitters, chemical burn effect, stars, and many others.
For this one, I chose glitter.

FRAMES/BORDERS
Third and last step is to add a frame. Choose from basic borders to grungy, dirt, Polaroid, and a lot more.


SAVE
Easy as that, save your photo in the size you like.


I don't usually use the second and last step. I'm just really after the vintage filters and effects. It's pretty much enough already. However, you cannot adjust the tones, hues, and brightness of your photo here. So usually I still use PhotoWonder prior to using this one.

I give this app four stars 
just because I love the vintage filters :P

★ ★ ★ ★


Btw, this is 
ABSOLUTELY FREE
on the Android Market!


3 comments:

♥ Blog Roll